Thursday 2 January 2014

Hello, and welcome to my blog. 

I'm no writer, as suffer from dyslexia so tend to shy away from describing my experiences via the written word.  Those who suffer from it will know how frustrating it is, and that even formulating a short piece like this can take an awful long time.  However I decided I wanted to keep a diary of my angling experiences through the fishing season here in the UK. Also to share my other hobby of photography....and hopefully my writing skills(and mistakes) wont get in the way.

My beloved DSLR......... 

Back at the end of 2012 I decided that my old digital compact camera wasn't cutting it whilst out enjoying nature (mostly fishing ;)).  So I decided to take the plunge into the world of making things complicated for myself by buying a DSLR.  I opted for the Canon EOS650D, as the reviews were good and the camera was within my budget....that's a lie...oh well!! 
Wow....I can honestly say this was the best purchase I ever made.  It's a joy to use and although I'm very much a novice in terms of photography I'm really pleased with some of the shots its produced.  Here's a selection of my favourites over the past 12 months. 








 

4 comments:

  1. Love that 4th picture Paul. That's one of the best shots I've seen in a very long time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nathan, still my favourite shot. You might know that stretch of the river Wye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Intriguing. Can't place it at the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice stuff Paul, your right this blogging lark is not easy. How did you think i felt when i was doing mine, at least you catch fish too write about, i hardly ever did LOL

    ReplyDelete